product key Index du Forum

product key
Perhaps everyone using Windows already knows about “Product Key”. It’s a 25-character string and number that lets you manage your entire Windows system without any restrictions, let alone the number that will help you get the Windows license. Website: htt

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

How to find your Windows 98, 95, or ME product key

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    product key Index du Forum -> product key -> product key
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Admin
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Mai - 06:07 (2018)    Sujet du message: How to find your Windows 98, 95, or ME product key Répondre en citant

Considering how old are Windows 98, Windows 95, and Windows ME, it's no surprise that you've lost the product key you used to install the operating system.
Unlike product keys in the newer version of Windows, these older keys store their valid product key nice and neat, in a specific registry key, making your search easier. should be easy.
All you have to do to find the lost product key is navigate to that point in the Windows Registry and then record it somewhere safe. Once you have it, you can reinstall Windows successfully using that code.
Note: Please read my Windows Product Key FAQ for more information on Windows product keys, how many times you can use them, and more.
Important: Although no changes are made to the registry during any of these steps, you should back up the registry keys that you will be working on, or even the entire registry. , for safety.
Follow the simple steps below to locate your Windows 98, 95 or ME product key from the Windows Registry, the process should not take more than 10 or 15 minutes:
1 How to find your Windows 98, 95, or ME product key
Open Registry Editor, a tool available in all versions of Windows that you can use to view and edit areas in the Windows Registry.
Note: As I mentioned above, you will not make changes in Registry Editor, you will only see the information. Please follow the steps below exactly as shown to avoid problems in this very sensitive area in Windows.
Tip: If working in the Windows Registry makes you nervous, you have the option of using a special program to show you this key. See the list of my free product key search programs for more information. However, I recommend using the process below.
2 Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive on the left, under My Computer.
The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive contains most of the configuration data to your computer, and Windows 98/95 / ME, as well as your product key. We just need to dig a little deeper to get it.
3 Click the [+] icon on the left of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand the "folder".
4 From the resulting list below HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, find and click [+] on the left of the Software.
5 From the list, in the software, find and click [+] on the left of Microsoft.
The next group of registry keys that appear next will be much longer than the last one. From a much longer list, look for Windows.
7 When you find Windows, click [+] to the left of it.
Tip: You can see Windows Messaging Subsystem, Windows NT, Windows Script Host, and maybe some other Windows keys ... but what you are here for is Windows. Others do not contain a copy of your product key.
8 Click the CurrentVersion key - the key word instead of [+] to the left of it as you have done so far.
9 From the result to the right, locate the ProductKey registry value. The values ​​are listed in alphabetical order, so if you do not see it immediately, scroll down until you reach P.
10 Numbers and letters in this value represent the Windows 98/95 / ME product key.
Product key must be formatted like xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx - five sets of five letters and numbers.
11 Write your product key exactly as you see here. You will have to enter this product key as shown when you reinstall Windows. If you are off even a character, it will not work.
12 Close the Registry Edito r without making any changes.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    product key Index du Forum -> product key -> product key Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation